According to “Parenting Expert” Wendy Snyder, you should try these 20 phrases with your kids to help get them to listen
- What do you need to remember?
- Please talk softly
- Would you like to do it on your own or have me help you?
- What did you learn from this mistake?
- Please ______
- We are on cheetah time today and need to move fast
- Do you want to leave now or in 10 min?
- Let’s add that toy you want to your birthday list
- Stop, breathe, now ask for what you want
- Respect yourself and others
- Use your teamwork skills
- I need you to ______
- It’s okay to cry
- How will you take care of yourself?
- I’ll stop, breathe and wait for you to finish
- I love you no matter what
- I am not okay with ______ yet
- you care, so I’d love for you to decide
- I believe in you and am here to support you
- How are you feeling
To see a full explanation click HERE