Shrimp and Grits with Kielbasa (recipe courtesy of tiffanyviolin via allrecipes.com)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups dry polenta
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kielbasa sausage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp – peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Bring polenta, water, and salt to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat to low and simmer until polenta is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook kielbasa sausage until browned, 5 to 8 minutes; stir in garlic, rosemary, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring often, until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Mix in shrimp and stir gently until shrimp are pink and no longer translucent inside, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp mixture and any pan juices to a large serving bowl and stir grits into the mixture. Stir Cheddar cheese into the hot mixture until melted.