1. When you’re not at work, are you a morning person or a person that likes to stay up late? Definitely a morning person. You get used to getting up early. Plus, I think I enjoy sunrise a little more than sunset.
2. You’re on the radio. What do you like about being on the air? I like putting a smile on your face. When I was a kid, I listened to the radio a lot. Those people always made me smile even if I was having a bad day. I try to be that every day for East Tennessee.
3. Where is your favorite place on Earth to visit? I don’t know if I’ve visited it yet. I really want to explore out west. Colorado, Wyoming, Montana. It looks beautiful in pictures. But if I had to choose something right now, Dollywood is looking pretty good.
4. Who is your favorite country artist right now? Luke Combs. He’s just your next-door neighbor who happens to have songs on the radio.
5. Do you own a pet? If so, tell us about him or her. No pets. My wife, Samantha is allergic. So, we have a couple kids who are interested in pet careers at the moment because we deprive them. Ha!
6. What is the best thing about country music? It tells a story. Happy stories. Sad stories. You can relate to the music. And community. Country music is one big family and I think that’s pretty cool.
7. What is your favorite charity or what causes do you think have the most value today? Second Harvest Food Bank is an organization that’s close to my family. We volunteer time and resources all the time. It breaks my heart that we live in a community where kids are going hungry based on nothing they’ve done. We have got to stop that.
8. What is your favorite kind of food? I’m a foodie so I love everything. And I mean everything. I feel like a rare breed these days. Mexican, Chinese, Cheeseburgers, you name it… I like it. But maybe Italian has just a slight lead.
9. What is your favorite social media site? I like them all but lately have really enjoyed Instagram.
10. What is your favorite potato chip? Pringles have something in them that makes you keep eating them. They’re so dang addictive.
11. What gives you hope? John 3:16
12. Who is your favorite movie or TV star? Tom Hanks
13. What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten? Be kind to people.
14. Do you believe in ghosts? I don’t but my wife for sure believes in ghosts. She says she’s had encounters. I have not. So, it’s a no for me.
15. Who is funny? Steve Carrell makes me laugh.
16. What meal or food makes you think of your mom? Chocolate. My Mom LOVED chocolate so when I eat it, I know she’s right next to me asking to share.
17. Who is someone you admire and why? I admire my wife Samantha because she’s such a strong woman and a saint. She puts up with so much but really keeps our family moving forward. I couldn’t breathe without her.
8. Name three celebrities throughout time that you would like to have dinner with?
William Shatner Bobby Flay and Robin Williams.
19. How do you improve the lives of others around you? I’m always trying to build people up instead of tearing them down. I think we sometimes underestimate the power of a smile. A hug. Just a positive sentence.
20. What is your favorite sound you’ve ever heard? Wind passing through the leaves of a tree.
21. Do you have a life philosophy you try to live by today? Be the reason someone smiles.
22. Name three of your favorite movies? The Incredibles, Ghostbusters (the 80’s one) and the Bourne Series.
23. If you could time travel, what time do you think you would like most to visit? I’d love to visit the 50’s! But I don’t want to stay. Ha!